The Internet is has a wealth of information available for runners. The following is a limited guide to help connect runners of all ages and abilities to various Internet-based resources to help support your running lifestyle.
- Gmap-Pedometer - A quick and easy site for mapping your routes, determining your distance along with calories burned.
- USATF Running Routes - This is the USATF mapping tool, which allows you to save your route and calculates elevation, too. The USATF website also has an archive of routes mapped by others that is searchable by location, terrain, length of run, etc.
- MapMyRun - This site offers both free and fee-based membership and services. Users can map and log runs, but some of the other services on this website require a premium membership.
- Daily Mile - This is a free site, but it requires registration. Users can use this to map and log runs as well as track training and network with others. The social networking component of the site allows you to connect with friends and even link your account to your Facebook account.
Pace Calculator Websites
- Coolrunning - This site allows you to calculate your time, distance or pace as long as you enter at least two of the three variables. It will also calculate your splits for you.
- Runner’s World – This site will calculate projected finishing times and training paces based on information provided about a past race.
- McMillan Running - This site will calculate projected finishing times and training paces based on information provided about a past race.
Nutrition Log/Information Websites
- Daily Burn - This site allows you to log your daily food intake and exercise, but requires that you register. The social networking component of the site allows you to connect with others for the purpose of accountability.
- The Daily Plate - This site allows you to log your daily food intake and exercise, but requires that you register.
- My Plate - The USDA’s My Plate website lets you plan and log your meals. It figures out your calorie and food group needs based on weight and activity level. It requires registration to store information.
Running Store Finder Websites:
- Running Network - This is a searchable list of running stores sorted by location.
- The IRRA - This list websites for stores that belong to the Independent Running Retailer Association.
Find a Running Camp
Runningcamps.org is designed to be a resource to help parents find running camps that will help their sons and daughters grow into stronger, smarter and more successful runners
- Soles4Souls - Donate your gently used running shoes.